By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A consultant to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays by way of best foreign scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a large variety of issues akin to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra studying on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a thesaurus of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
Assessing rhetorical ideas of latest future health issuesHypochondriacs are susceptible to media hype, anorexics are at risk of public scrutiny, and migraine victims are tainted with the heritage of the “migraine personality,” continues rhetorical theorist Judy Z. Segal. All are motivated by way of the ability of persuasion.
The mass media and spiritual teams in the USA usually argue approximately information bias, intercourse and violence on tv, motion picture censorship, advertiser boycotts, broadcast and picture content material score structures, govt rules of the media, the function of mass evangelism in a democracy, and plenty of different concerns. within the usa the most important disputes among faith and the media frequently have concerned Christian church buildings or parachurch ministries, at the one hand, and the so-called secular media, at the different.
We know eloquence after we listen it. yet what precisely is it? and the way may we achieve extra of it for ourselves? This enjoyable and, certain, eloquent ebook illuminates the ability of language from a linguistic viewpoint and offers interesting insights into the way in which we use phrases. David Crystal, a world-renowned specialist at the historical past and utilization of the English language, probes the complicated workings of eloquence.
Fachbuch aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Rhetorik / Phonetik / Sprechwissenschaft, be aware: 1,7, Universität Osnabrück, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die vorliegende Arbeit befasst sich mit der Frage in wie weit sich die Sprachmelodie eines L2-Spanischspreches mit Anfängerkenntnissen von der eines fortgeschrittenen Sprechers unterscheidet.
- Words at Work in Vanity Fair: Language Shifts in Crucial Times, 1914–1930
- Reclaiming Accountability: Improving Writing Programs through Accreditation and Large-Scale Assessments
- The Poet's Freedom: A Notebook on Making
- Controversias. Libros VI-X. Suasorias (Biblioteca Clásica Gredos) (Spanish Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall